grahhh

Grahhhhhhhhh

Grahhhhhhhhh

Grahhhhhhh


I am alive, I am alive, I am alive, I am alive. Have I just been tricking myself and the world into thinking I am the person I want to be seen as? Sometimes I feel like a stranger to myself. I feel like I have done an expert job at convincing the world I am a better person than I am. I just want to be seen, that's all I've ever wanted. How can I ever be seen if I am constructing this facade? This thin bullshit facade. Do I stoop to the level of person I think of myself as in these moments? Do I try to live up to the image I have tried so hard to curate? Why do I fucking care so God damn much? Why do I think about myself all the God damn time? Why can't I stop? Why can't I Just commit myself to something or someone and just be done with it? Just stop fucking searching. I'm so tired of searching. Sometimes I think that I am blessed with the ability to search. I didn't have to go to the mines at 15 and never think about myself until I am six feet under. Then other times, times like these, I see it as a curse; if I don't search I am squandering what this world has given me, if I do search I am forever condemned to a feeling of inadequacy. We all just want peace. I keep myself sane and alive by believing that most people, at least at this age, are riddled with the same insecurities that I am. I will never try to find out though. I get to live in the abstraction of belief. The moment I find out that I am the only one who is self-flagellating until I can't even engage in a conversation due to my feelings of inauthenticity is the moment I lose it all. Lose my sense of belonging. Lose my subjugation of individuality. Lose any belief that I can connect to another human being. I engage with certain friends with these feelings with the strong hope that they also grapple with these feelings, and they do, and it helps to talk and engage with them. I get to leave the prison of my mind. It's especially a treat when I talk to someone who grapples with these feelings and they are happy. As life-saving as commiserating can be, it just feels like more self-punishment. Oo but talking to someone who is happy and shares the same feelings that I do is like straight fucking dopamine into my brain. I think I'm unstoppable, that there is nothing in this world that cannot be overcome. That's my peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aimless summer

Road Trip

Paul the comic book store owner